13 Jan A guide to making money through Affiliate marketing on Amazon
Amazon Associate program or Amazon Affiliate program is one of the most successful marketing stances. It has encouraged the earnings of Amazon up to the highest level. The successful trading and beneficial programs for advertisers, website owners, publishers, and bloggers have made Amazon the world’s largest online retailer in the world. According to an estimate, Amazon’s worth is $356 billion that is larger than the combined value of the bigger names like Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, Best Buy, Macy’s, and many others. In 2017, Amazon generated revenue of $ 177.9 billion.
Amazon Affiliate Marketing
In Affiliate marketing programs, affiliate websites get affiliate program commission when they send customers to online merchants like Amazon. Affiliate websites use link build up to turn the traffic towards Amazon. Amazon associate program is a secondary source of earning in the long run for your website. Amazon referral links can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms to expand the opportunity for social media users to get the benefit of Amazon affiliate marketing.
Features of the Amazon Associates
Amazon’s affiliate marketing websites earn Amazon affiliate commission due to their appealing and user-friendly features. Let us have a look upon:
- You can easily join Amazon’s affiliate program by just following a few easy steps. You can start sharing links within a few minutes.
- It is free to join the Associates program making it more appealing for low budget websites.
- Amazon is the largest online retailer that makes it trustworthy for the visitors. Affiliates do not face reliability issues by the visitors.
- Amazon sells a variety of nearly 3 billion products. So affiliates have a wide choice to choose the interesting category and to bring the visitor to convert the visitors to the sell.
- Affiliate marketing websites earn Amazon affiliate commission when a visitor does shopping via the link shared by the website. The interesting fact is that affiliates get a selling commission on every product that the relevant visitor is purchasing within 24 hours after clicking on the link.
How does Affiliate Program work?
Amazon associates program is a referral-based program. Affiliate marketing websites earn commission on referring the visitor to Amazon. But the commission given to the referral website is based on pay per sale. When a visitor through the referral link visit and purchases any item from the Amazon, referring website gets a fixed percentage of each sold item to that visitor within 24 hours.
Every product category has a set standard of percentage like on the sale of beauty cosmetics the affiliate website gets 10 % of the total price of the product as commission. Commission also depends upon the conversion rate that is the users of the website who are clicking the referral link and how many of them are purchasing products.
Additionally, Affiliate websites can get benefits only in the case when the customer will do purchasing through the referral links mentioned on your site within 24 hours. If the visitor does purchase by using any other referral link or directly opening the amazon.com pages, you are not eligible to get any referral earning by Amazon.
Who can become an Amazon affiliate?
To become an Amazon affiliate, you must have an active website, any app, YouTube channel, or an active blog.
How to join Amazon’s Affiliate program?
To get an Amazon affiliate commission, you can join the affiliate program by following these easy steps:
- Visit affiliate-program.amazon.com and click on “Join now for free.”
- Click on “new customer” to start the registration process.
- Enter your personal information like name, address, and phone number related to your bank account or any other payment account.
- Enter your website address or URL of your YouTube channel. If you are an owner of the mobile app, mention that.
- Enter your preferred store ID. Store ID is usually similar to the website or primary title of the URL you entered.
- Give information about the monetization of your site and how do you get traffic over your website, app, or Channel.
- Enter the phone number. Amazon will immediately call you for completing the verification process. Insert the four-digit code that you get via call.
- Choose your payment method and the affiliate registration process is completed.
How do Affiliate marketing websites create links?
Amazon’s affiliate marketing websites create links to get connected with Amazon. For this process, you need to log in to your Amazon affiliate program. Here a dashboard will show you a variety of options from analytics to affiliate links. Amazon’s affiliate links can be built up in two ways: Product Link Tool or SiteStripe.
Using product Link tool to create Affiliate Link
- Click on product linking and click finally on the product link.
- A search screen will get open in front of you where you can search for products generically or specifically. If you are interested in searching for a table tennis ball or want to get any specific designer’s dress. Just enter the data of your desire and get the search results.
- Search results will show a list of related products. Click on “get link” the required product.
- A box will be displayed with your affiliate link. You can customize the ad for your website by changing the color and background of the price shown. You are open to choose what type of ad is required for you. Either you need an image ad, text ad, or both for your website’s branding.
- Copy the HTML code for the relevant product and paste it into the code for your website.
Using SiteStripe to create an Affiliate link
- Log in to your Amazon Associate account. SiteStripe tool will remain appeared on the top of any Amazon.com page until you remain logged in.
- Visit the Amazon.com page of the required product whose link you want to get for your website.
The SiteStripe bar can help you to create ad links selecting along with the plain text link, image link or both. Select the ad link type and copy the ad code and paste it onto your website.